North Ridge Software
Logon | Search | Go to
About UsProductsSolutionsResourcesSupport
Home : Products : Network Center : Select
Network Center
Access
Alias
Query
Select
Features
Examples
Timeout
License Fees
Network Director
Services
Licensing

The Network Center : Select : Examples

Rule Management

The Select Administration panel provides an extensive menu of tools for centralized, fingertip control over load-balancing and selection routes in your local domain:

Active rules
lists the currently active Rules for Select
Component options
sets the active Rules and the Rule mode
Define (value) Group or Select list
sets the processing order for one or more Rules, Rulesets or Groups; Defines a Select List for VTAM route processing.
Display (value) Group or Select list
displays a Group, Value Group, or Select list for viewing or modification
Rule counts
displays how many times each Rule gets used
Rule Definition
contains operands for specifying alias name assignments for a particular session
Rule Display
displays a Rule or Ruleset for modification or viewing
Rule Reload
refreshes the Active Rules with any changes made to the Rules, Rulests, Groups, or Select lists
Rule Test
creates sample sessions to test against your Rules
Statistics
lists session activity that is being monitored by Select
Status
lists the name of the resource, the amount of session traffic assigned to it, and how often it has been used.

Select Rule Definition

Select Rule Definition includes a Rule definition panel, which sets the session parameters, and a Select List, which sets the data traffic routes and the load balancing percentages.

The Rule Definition panel provides a wide range of operands for setting the session - or type of session - that should use a particular Select List, which determines the session's selection route processing and network traffic. In the following Rule, any sessions in the TODC2 network with an application name starting with "CICS" will use the CICSPATH Select List:

Selection List Example


In this case, the CICSPATH Select List will route 90% of the session traffic to a high priority route and the remaining 10% to a low priority route:

Select Rule Example


You can use a variety of rule definition tools to further simplify the definition process, including operand masks.

Select Monitors

Users can display information for the currently allocated resources, including the resource name, the traffic weighting factor assigned to the resource, and the current count of sessions assigned to the resource:

Select Rule Activity

 
The following example demonstrates the real-time monitoring viewpoint, provided by the Message Queue:

Select Rule Processing

Real-life Examples!

The best way to experience all of Select's session management features is by actually using it, which is why we offer a free 30-day Trial. You can use your trial software on your production system or create a test environment using Select's testing facilities. And it's hassle free: If Select isn't right for your installation, there are no further obligations or sales contacts.

Learn more?
 =>  Select Overview
 =>  Select Features
 =>  Online Documentation  
 =>  30-day Trial

----------
Copyright © 2022 by North Ridge Software, Inc./WebMaster@North-Ridge.com
   RidgeStar, Internet Services